As our bodies undergo the various changes due to age as well as day to day stress it takes a toll on our backs. Depending on the occupation that we hold, we either sit or stand for the better portion of our day. Poor posture of the spine can bring about pain and long term problems for our backs. Well, I have found the secret to chronic back pain relief.
Low back pain is a universal human experience almost everyone has it at some point. The lower back, which starts below the ribcage, is called the lumbar region. Pain here can be intense and is one of the top causes why people take time off from. Fortunately, low back pain often gets better on its own. When it doesn’t, here is the secret to that chronic back pain relief.
Conditions Commonly Linked to Back Pain
Conditions commonly linked to back pain include Muscle or ligament strain. Repeated heavy lifting or a sudden awkward movement can strain back muscles and spinal ligaments. If you’re in poor physical condition, constant strain on your back can cause painful muscle spasms.
Fortunately, you can take measures to prevent or relieve most back pain episodes. If prevention fails, simple home treatment and proper body mechanics often will heal your back within a few weeks and keep it functional. Surgery is rarely needed for chronic back pain relief.
Symptoms of Back Pain
Signs and symptoms of back pain can include:
- Muscle ache
- Shooting or stabbing pain
- Pain that radiates down your leg
- Pain that worsens with bending, lifting, standing or walking
- Pain that improves with reclining
25 Natural Ways for Chronic Back Pain Relief Today
There are many more than 25 natural ways to relieve back pain, however, this will be a good starting point. The 25 natural ways to relieve back pain can be broken down into several categories. The first is stretching then strengthening and then by drinking and eating. The third area when looking at the 25 natural ways to relieve back pain is to use good posture when sitting and standing.
The first group of the 25 natural ways to relieve back pain will involve stretching. To do this you will need to hold each position for 5-8 seconds and do not bounce or make any swift movements. Do not move beyond the pain. If you feel pain, you need to stop.
Stretching Moves for Chronic Back Pain Relief:
1. Lie face down on an exercise ball and move your shoulders forward slightly.
2. After sitting for some time, stand and place your hands upon your lower back, then push your shoulders back and hips forward.
3. Lay on the ground facing up. Pull one knee up towards your chest and then pull your other leg up to your chest.
4. While holding the above position, twist the bottom half of your torso to your left and point your knees to the 10 o’clock position, then point them to your right at the 2 o’clock position. Remember to hold each position for 5-8 seconds.
5. While lying on the ground face up, bend your legs at the knees and place your feet flat on the ground. Slowly push up your hip area until you form a bridge. The second group of 25 natural ways to relieve back pain includes back strengthening.
6. Do Hindu style squats. This will strengthen your lower back so that you are able to deal with everyday rigour.
7. Do sit-ups. They strengthen your abs but also takes the pressure off of your back muscles.
8. The Superman position. Lay face down and lift your upper torso and legs so that your body forms a bowl and hold the position for a few seconds.
9. The Reverse Fly. Lean over at about 90 degrees, use a 5- 10 pound weight in each hand, then raise both arms straight out.
10. Opposite arm and leg raise. Get on all fours, extend one of your arms completely and then raise the opposite leg and then switch to the other arm and leg.
11. Drink lots of water.
12. Avoid too much sugar and carbonated drinks.
13. Eat vitamin B-12 rich foods.
14. Increase your calcium levels.
15. Eat foods that are rich in magnesium.
Good Posture While Standing or Sitting:
16. If you sit for a long time use some type of lumbar support for your lower back.
17. If you are sitting or standing sit with your back pushed toward your tummy and your shoulders pushed back.
18. When standing or sitting prop a foot on a step stool.
19. If you have to stand for a long period keep your chest elevated, shoulders pushed back and your body straight to the ground.
20. If you have to sit at a desk for a long time, raise your computer monitor to a higher setting so you do not have to look down. Be sure to keep your head level. The fifth and final group of 25 natural ways to relieve back pain involves moving.
21. If you sit for long periods, lean to the right and left. Make sure to keep adjusting yourself.
22. Walk more. Walking strengthens your back muscles.
23. Bend down to touch your toes.
24. Be sure to move your head around.
25. Give yourself a giant hug.
The 25 natural ways to relieve back pain that I mentioned are only a few suggestions, there are so much more that will help with back pain.
Back Exercise – Lower Pain Relieve Techniques – For Your Back
If you have lower back pain then lower pain relieves techniques will be the key to pain-free living. Proper exercise can help people relieve much of their back pain. The type of exercise that you would do for your back is not typical of regular exercise. They are actually more like stretches because they stretch out your back muscles. These type of exercises promote back and spine health.
Lower pain relief will be found when doing back exercises or stretches. If you have severe back problems, you should check with your doctor to see if these exercises are right for you. Each stretch should be carried out in a slow fashion with no bouncing. When you are stretching you should hold it for about 8-10 seconds. When you stretch do not go past the point of severe discomfort. If you feel pain, then you have gone too far and should stop.
Try the following lower pain relief movements for your back:
Knee to chest, pelvic tilt, hamstring stretches, bridge and lower torso rotation will help stretch your muscles.
The first of the back exercise lower pain relief is called the pelvic tilt. This exercise will help to strengthen your lumbar, abs and lower back. Start by lying on the floor face up. Bend your legs at the knees so that your feet are flat on the floor. Imagine that your belly is being pushed to the floor then flatted the lower part of your back. As you flatten your lumbar and lower back each time it is considered a stretch.
Your second lower back exercise is the knee to chest stretch. Start as you would the pelvic tilt and slowly pull one knee towards your chest. As you do that your hip and lower back will stretch. This is beneficial for the nerves that exit your spinal column area. Bring the one knee to your chest and hold that for 8 seconds and then do your other knee.
Lower torso rotation is the third back exercise for lower back pain relief. Start in the previous exercise position, but keep your knees together and then turn your knees to one side so that they are twisting at the hip. Hold this position as you tighten your stomach. Return your knees to the start position and then go to the other side. This will help with back flexibility.
The fourth exercise is the hamstring stretch. This exercise will help to cause less tension on your lower back by pulling on it less. To start, you should be in the same position as the other exercises except your legs should be straight. Then lift one of your legs straight up. You could have a towel under your leg to help pull your leg up if needed. Hold this pose for 8 seconds and then do your other leg.
Last but not least the bridge is the final back exercise lower pain relieve technique. Just like it sounds, you will be forming a bridge with your body. Start in the same position as the first three stretching exercises, arms at your side then begin to lift your back and hips off of the floor. This exercise helps to stabilize and strengthen your lower back muscles and spine. When doing the back exercise lower pain relieve techniques, do each stretch 5 times. Almost immediately you will be feeling the pain relief.
Comment below how you get relief of your back pain, you can also visit the John Hopkins website for some great information on how to treat back pain